Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Journey of learning and thinking

Recently, i got certified as an enterprise architect from Sun. The Journey of making it happen is really painful and fruitful. Saying it painful is that i burned all my weekend for it and nobody around (people like BA) i can discuss or clarify (what i did in real project), which put me into my own assumption and a bad assumption may lead me to a deadlock state easily. What i did for this case was either to google it from internet or post my questions to some forums, by which i will be in the long-waiting idle state until someone come and share with me (very long waiting time make me sad and frustrated). From the other side, i should say it fruitful as it did build up my logical mindset for viewing, decomposing and architecting an application system.

The whole process took me almost one year, it is truly a journey of learning, thinking, questioning, digesting and accumulating instead of 'hacking' as what i did to be a certified programmer long time ago. For the latter, i have learned all programming skill in school for years, don't wanna repeat the same thing again, but clear it in short time by doing mock exams (my way of hacking). For this SCEA, it is really a new milestone for me and something more exciting. Hacking of it may works for me and take less time, but not good for my own as i wanna self-train toward to a higher stage not for the seek of having one more cert in my profile.



No comments:

´